Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Let's Go Surfing Now... OR... In Search of the Perfect Wave

Boog and I have been working hard in SL lately. I currently am working at a club called Parrot Bay on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings from 7 to 9 SLT, and I also work at a club called Rumours on Saturday nights. In addition to this, Boog and I have been taking lots of classes, learning a lot. We’ve purchased a photo studio and are soon going to launch a business together.


All work and no play… well, you know the rest. Boog and I were in serious need of some fun and relaxation, so we went on a quest for fun. At first, we tried snowboarding at a place called Salzburg. The sim was gorgeous and the facilities top notch, but unfortunately, the snowboarding equipment was severely lacking. So, we dropped our heavy clothes in favor of swimwear and went searching for a beach and surfboards. By the way, I'm back to being a neko. Note the ears, spots and tail. Boog and I are a pair of kitties.

First stop took us to a nice sim called Bishara Island. We couldn’t use their surfboards there without a group tag, and though we clicked and made the request, many hours later we still had not received an invite. Despite the fact that we never got to surf at Bishara, it was a lovely place, and I intend to go back and explore it more thoroughly again soon. One thing they had there which I’ve not seen yet in SL was a mini-golf course.







They also had a gorgeous and very well done under water grotto. Swimming underwater and seeing all the coral and colorful fishes, hearing the whales singing, was something that I will certainly go back and experience again soon. A restful, soothing experience, but not what we were needing at the moment.


Undaunted, and still in search of surfing thrills, we went to a personal favorite of mine, Junkyard Blues, which now occupies a full island sim. Being a group “Dawg”, I was immediately able to use the public surfboards, and was having a great time, but Boog didn’t have a tag. Not a problem, we just flew over to the dance floor and jammed to fine blues, danced on top notch dance balls and talked until I saw one of the Junkyard Dawg hostesses, whom are on duty for the most part 24/7. I asked Shellie for a tag for Boog, and she graciously supplied him with one immediately. We spent the rest of the evening riding the waves of Junkyard Beach.

This was one of the best times I’ve had yet in SL. Boog and I are already shopping for our own surfboards. Who knows, maybe we will give up the luxury of Tales of Desire and go become full time Junkyard Blues Beach bums. After all the fun we had last night, it is a tempting proposition. Here are some shots of Boog and me having a blast surfing the waves.















Readers of this blog have been riding my ass over the last month or so at my lack of updates. The first question they always ask me, after the general how-do-you-do’s in IM is always, “How’s Boog?”.

Well, dear readers, Boog is fantastic. Believe it or not, he and I are still together and haven’t spent more than a day or so apart in the last two months, we see each other every day. In SL terms, I think it is some sort of a record.Sure, we have our moments, but we seem to be doing just fine. I don’t know where we are going, but we are enjoying the ride, exploring and learning this world together. More updates soon…

No comments: