Friday, June 1, 2007

House Beautiful Second Life

One of the most enjoyable things about SL for me so far has been setting up housekeeping. Boog Nishi and I rent a lovely house called Tales of Desire, and he and I are Lord and Lady of Desire.

The owner and creator of this spectacular house, Luminus, came over the other day and told us that what we thought was ours was not. There is a little stone cottage that connects the Tales of Desire house with the big castle in back that belongs to Luminus and Fran. Boog and I had been under the mistaken impression that this little stone cottage was ours, but Luminus informed us that it was not included in the rent. I had asked this question twice in IMd queries to the owners prior to renting the house, but had never gotten a response. Being an optimist I’d assumed the little cottage was part of the deal.

This new disappointing revelation involved some quick rearranging and a little sadness too, because now, privacy in our home is really at a premium. In fact there is really none to be found at all. But, the place is lovely, and we don’t want to leave.

So in search of a little privacy, I went on a curtain buying adventure. Eventually I settled on a set of amazing huge red flexi curtains that blow in the ever present SL wind. (I am now an expert on curtains in SL.) But before I actually bought the curtains, I also bought a new sofa and ottoman for our living room, and a nice “ohm” printed flexi curtain for the uncovered window in Boog’s room.

As soon as Boog and I got the curtains hung, we went on yet another shopping spree to Bits and Bobs, outfitting the area in front of the fireplace with new toys and adding a new set of dance balls.

Our home just gets sweeter and sweeter. Boog and I are loving each other, loving the home we have created together and loving our perfect world in SL. More updates on the adventures of Lorelei in Second Life coming soon. Until then…

No comments: