Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Live Music in Second Life

One of the best things I've found about Second Life is the variety and quality of live music to be heard. If you search for love music under events you will find live music shows being done all over SL. I try to go to live shows as much as I can, but this is a part of Second Life I would definitely like to explore and write about a lot more.

One especially nice venue I've found is the Hummingbird Cafe, pictured here, left. Onstage is my friend Groucho Marsh, a very good acoustic guitar player and singer. The Hummingbird has a great friendly atmosphere without a lot of lag, and a nice laid back group of people seem to be the regular crowd. Definitely a recommended destination for anyone wanting to have a listen to some good live music.

Here to the right is a great shot I took of Dexter Ihnen in concert at the Laguna Beach Club back on April 1. I really enjoyed his music, he had a great look. (But I really had to show off what is one of the first decent pictures I took in SL.) The downside was that the lag at the Laguna made it impossible to really enjoy a show, in my opinion. I haven't been back to see if this was a temporary or an ongoing problem at the Laguna.

No comments: